
One of this summer's highlight has to be Abbie's riding lessons. She's been eager for years but also a little scared of the whole idea. All her fears melted away when we got to spend some time at Julia's beautiful horse farm.
It was kizmit that I reconnected with Julia (a former instructor at a horse therapy barn where I volunteered) at Carla's studio opening party last Spring.....small world. I told her my daughter wanted to be around horses and do barn work and grooming and she said "come on over". Well it only took about 10 minutes of watching Julia's gift of humor and patience with a student rider and Abbie knew she didn't want to wait any longer to learn. So she and Pippin the pony got busy.....
I just love the way she beams through her entire lesson.

Look Ma......no hands! Naa, actually she was doing her balance exercises.

Evan and Julia's son Mason kept each other busy during Abbie's lesson.


And this beauty is Beau. I just loved the way Beau and Abbie were in stride together......

And of course I could not ignore Mason's awesome boots!
And that's how I pass the time during her lessons. ;)

1 comment:
How exciting! I always wanted to learn how to ride. She must be so excited! Miss you :)
Post a Comment